Help us plant trees with Trees for the Future!
What is Trees for the Future?
- Trees for the Future (TREES) is a highly-rated non-profit that’s developed a unique agroforestry program. Their approach is unique in several ways:
- Restorative and regenerative agriculture practices
- A focus on restoring biodiversity and soil health
- Create sustainable income for farmers & their families
- Educate & empower the community as a whole
Does this make an impact?
Take it from the source: “Support from companies like The Brothers Apothecary is crucial in environmental restoration and protection,” says Trees for the Future Executive Director John Leary. “Thanks to our brand partners, we’re reaching more farmers and planting more trees this year than ever before.”
How does this work?
TREES trains farmers in agroforestry, teaching them to grow sustainable farming systems called Forest Gardens. The average one-acre Forest Garden is home to more than 4,000 trees and sequesters about 63 metric tons of carbon over 20 years. Forest Gardens restore the soil and natural biodiversity of the land while providing food and income opportunities to the farming family.
Restoring healthy forest, biodiversity, and doing so in a way that empowers local communities must start with the soil. TREES specifically
Where is this located?
The exact locations are determined by our partner. Currently however, TREES is working with thousands of farming families across five countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. This campaign’s primary focus is on the implementation of Forest Garden Programs for small farmers in Cameroon, Kenya, Senegal, Uganda, and Tanzania, as these are areas where TREES is having the biggest impact.