Copaiba essential oil is derived from the resin of the copaiba tree, which grows over 100 feet tall in tropical South America. Copaiba is widely used in soaps, creams, lotions, and perfumes and has been an integral component in traditional Brazilian health practices.
Like Black Pepper essential oil, Copaiba can help soothe anxious feelings when ingested and promotes a clear, smooth complexion when applied topically. When taken internally, Copaiba essential oil also supports cardiovascular, immune, digestive, and nervous system health.* It helps support a healthy inflammatory response.* Copaiba can be applied directly to the mouth to cleanse and soothe the gums and oral cavity.
Though Copaiba doesn’t contain psychoactive cannabinoids, the main component, β-caryophyllene (BCP), may be neuroprotective and may have cardiovascular and immune benefits when consumed.* It’s also a powerful antioxidant.* Copaiba contains the highest levels of BCP among currently known essential oils.
An irregular cannabinoid and sesquiterpene, BCP selectively binds to CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system (ECS)—a signaling and regulating system comprised of enzymes, receptor sites throughout the body, and endocannabinoids produced by the body. The ECS acts as a major regulator of human health. The BCP in Copaiba binds to CB2 receptors to aid healthy immune and inflammatory responses.* It also influences multiple signaling pathways to promote healthy liver, digestive, kidney, heart, and brain function, supporting general well-being.
- Supports cardiovascular, immune, and digestive system health when taken internally.*
- Provides powerful antioxidant properties when used internally.*
- Helps calm, soothe, and support the nervous system when taken internally.*
- Promotes clear, smooth skin and reduces the appearance of blemishes.
- Take one to two drops with water, juice, tea, or a Veggie Cap to support cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous, and respiratory system health.*
- Combine with a carrier oil or facial moisturizer and apply topically to help keep the skin clean and clear and reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Combine one to two drops with water and swish to freshen breath and promote oral cleanliness.
- Massage two to three drops on desired areas to soothe sore, tired muscles after strenuous activity.
- Mix with a carrier oil and rub on stressed skin for restorative benefits.
- Place one to two drops under the tongue to encourage a general sense of well- being during periods of stress or nervousness.*
- Diffuse to promote restful sleep.
Directions for Use
Aromatic use: Place three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal Use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical Use: Dilute one to two drops with a carrier oil and apply to the desired area.
See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you’re pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.